Many organisations spend £000’s on the cost of recruitment without considering some very obvious ways to reduce their investment.
The hidden costs of recruitment extends to diverse areas such as the disruption to business of integrating a new member within existing teams to what happens when a wrong appointment has been made.
Here are some key blunders frequently made by business leaders when recruiting:-
1. Don’t consider the business direction
2. Don’t consider the business need
3. Don’t consider the needs and requirements of the team
4. Advert not worded properly
5. Hire misfit ‘Squegs’ (square pegs in round holes)
6. Don’t pay enough for the best people
7. Hire because you like them
8. Don’t see the ‘real’ person at interview
9. Mistake qualifications for experience
10. Don’t adequately check references
11. Assume because the candidate has done the job before they are good at it
12. Don’t know how to motivate different personalities
13. Hire family members to the detriment of the business
14. Don’t use Behavioural Profiling as part of the recruitment process
Using Behavioural Profiling as a key tool in your recruitment process is a sure way to minimise cost and disruption to the organisation.
Call or mail Rikki Hunt Associates to find out more 01793 441450